I’m no cyber security visionary…or am I? Everyone else has made their predictions. Here are my top five. Tell me I’m wrong! Does anyone make a living by doing this?
- Lots of security professionals will make annual predictions, most of which won’t come true, or will be so general as to be inevitable.
- Some organization will experience an insignificant hack which will cause an explosion of attention in the media.
- Some organization will experience a significant hack and most will never hear about it because it won’t be sexy.
- A security breach will cause a political candidate to change course.
- At least one organization will build a business continuity plan around the Mayan calendar.